Schedule a Tour
If you would like to visit our campus, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Application Process
$95 Application fee per applicant (submitted through online application)
Online Admissions Application
The online application includes:
- Student Statement (for grades 7 thru 12)
- Records Request
- Parental Cooperation Statement, Book Agreement, Non-discriminatory Policy, Reporting of Specified Incidents of Student Conduct and Student Agreement
- Teacher Recommendation
- Minister Recommendation
Required Forms & Documents
- Copy of Birth Certificate (state issued, not hospital issued)
- Copies of Report Cards for the previous two years or a transcript
- Standardized Test Scores (if available)
- Copy of any professional testing that would impact instruction
- Legal Documents Concerning Guardianship (if applicable)
- Tuberculin Skin Test (for any child who has been exposed to confirmed or suspected cases of TB in the last 5 years or who is suspected of having TB)
- Original Commonwealth of KY Immunization Certificate
- KY Eye Examination Form for School Entry (Kindergarten Only)
- KY Dental Screening/Examination Form for School Entry (Kindergarten Only)
- Preventative Health Care Examination Form
Steps for Admission
We are very thankful for the opportunity to open the doors of Portland Christian School to new families each year. The following procedure has been established to aid in the acceptance of all new applicants in grades K – 12.
Developmental Screening (Kindergarten)
After the application and application fee have been submitted, the Admissions Office will contact you and schedule a developmental screening. The screening is a one-on-one event involving the student and a teacher to aid in helping the child have a successful beginning in school. The screening can be completed in about 40 minutes. The Director of Admissions will call within 3 – 5 days the with the screening results and answer any questions.
Admission Testing (Grades 1 through 12)
After the application and application fee have been submitted, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule a test. Typically we schedule small groups of the same grade level. This will take about 2 ½ hours. We look forward to this time to introduce you to the school. Within 3 – 5 days the Director of Admissions will call with the test results. A student’s scores on the admissions test are not the sole factor considered for acceptance. The scores do help us to determine a successful placement for the child.
Interview (Grades K through 12)
When test results and application information is complete, the Admissions Office will call and arrange for an interview with the student(s) and their parent(s).
Admissions Evaluation (Kindergarten through Grade 12)
After the Admissions Committee has evaluated the applicant’s file, parents will be notified promptly of the Admission Committee’s decision. Please feel comfortable in contacting us if you have questions along the way.
Confirmation of Acceptance (Kindergarten through Grade 12)
After confirmation of acceptance is received you should receive an email from FACTS Management instructing you on how to set up your financial account. Seats are reserved, in order, upon successful completion of the admissions process. There is an enrollment packet that must be submitted at the time of acceptance to hold your child’s spot for the school year.
If you have any questions or concerns other than fees, they should be directed to the child’s principal.