PCS Volunteer Background Check
Thank you so much for your willingness to serve our school! Many of our events and trips could not take place without the help of our fabulous volunteers.
Please review the updated Background Check policy below (effective 9/5/23):
The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is of the utmost importance to Portland Christian School.
- Per Portland Christian School policy, any person wishing to volunteer in any capacity must complete a background check.
- This information will be kept on file with the Human Resources Department and the status of each volunteer will be kept in a volunteer log for two years.
- After two years, volunteers must complete a new background check.
- Background checks cost $20 per person and can be paid in cash or a check made payable to Portland Christian School.
- Please note: No background checks will be conducted until payment has been received. Upon receipt of payment and the completed forms, the background checks will be conducted and the results will be kept in a secure location within the Human Resources Department.
- The fee cannot be charged via FACTS.
- An additional background check request will be sent to the email address listed on the completed form. Please check the email account you listed on the form for this notice and further instruction.
The form can be found on the PCS website by clicking this link. Form and payment can be dropped off at the school’s main offices during regular school hours.
Our address is below if you would like to mail in form and payment:
Portland Christian School
Attention: Tiffany Phelps
8509 Westport Road
Louisville, KY 40242
Thanks again for your willingness to serve our school!